Jim Knopf und Lukas der Lokomotivführer (Jim Button and Luke the Engine Driver)
Jim Button is a little black boy who lives on the tiny island of Morrowland. When Jim grows up, there is simply not enough room. So someone has to go, decides King Alfred the Quarter-to-Twelfth. But should it be Emma, the locomotive of Jim's best friend Lukas? Jim can't let that happen. Together with the engine driver and Emma, he leaves the island and sets off on a great adventure: transparent trees, striped mountains, illusory giants and dragons cross his path. In the end, Jim is not only able to solve the riddle of his origins, but also to free the beautiful princess Li Si. And for their return to Morrowland a solution ist found, too ...
The lavish film adaptation of the popular children's book classic, released in 2018, had one of the biggest budgets ever for a German production at almost 25 million euros.
- Country: Germany, 2018
- Produced by: Rat Pack Filmproduktion (Christian Becker) & Malao Film
- Directed by: Dennis Gansel
- Cast: Solomon Gordon, Henning Baum and others
- Length: 110 min.
- Jim Knopf (Jim Button), animated picture series
Germany/France 1999–2000. 52 episodes, 25 minutes each. Directed by Bruno Bianchi.
- Jim Knopf und Lukas der Lokomotivführer (Jim Button and Luke the Engine Driver)
Germany 1976. Augsburger Puppenkiste in the Hessischer Rundfunk, 4 Teile (in colour). Director: Manfred Jenning.
- Jim Knopf, animated picture series
Japan 1974 (Kodansha).
- Jim Knopf und Lukas der Lokomotivführer
Germany 1961. Augsburger Puppenkiste, 5 parts (black and white).